Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you wish to launch a web site, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain file storage providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage services often include ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely fallacious explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between autonomous sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web page hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share an enormous quantity of pics with pals or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your email address accounts. Some firms offer site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to have as many video files as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a website. To some degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload videos, etc. At Hacom Web Studios, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content only.